When you consider how few nights the average racer/cruiser spends offshore, it becomes apparent that there is a far more sensible interior arrangement plan available that results in greater crew comfort. That layout is exactly what sets the Cal 28 apart from all others in the 27-30′ range. By moving the head aft to amid-ship the forward cabin is enlarged and the traditional "tunnel" between head and lockers is eliminated. The Cal 28’s forward cabin is the owner’s stateroom and features a large v-berth (port side berth is a full 7’ and the starboard side berth is 6’3”) and a 3.5′ hanging locker. Moving aft through the main bulkhead with privacy door you enter the main salon with L-shaped settees to port and straight settee to starboard and a centerline drop leaf table. There is abundant storage above and outboard in lockers and shelves. Continuing aft to port is a well laid out galley including hot and cold pressure water, SS sink and two burner propane stove and microwave oven. Opposite to starboard is a large top loading, 12v refrigerator which also serves as the nav. station. Aft of the nav. station is the fully enclosed ship’s head featuring a vanity, sink, storage lockers, shower and electric marine toilet. Furthest aft to port is a large double berth with opening port for ventilation.
- V-berth is 7′ long on port side; 6’3" 0n starboard side; with storage under; 4′ fabric covered cushions.
- Shelves on hull over berth.
- Hanging locker to starboard; drawer and locker to port – aft of the berth.
- Teak privacy door.
- Headroom 5’10"
- 6’3" "L" shaped settee to port; 6’3" straight settee to starboard Shelves with sea rail outboard of settees
- Curtains for Fixed Ports
- Teak alcoves and lockers suspended from deck above settees;
- Overhead grab rails
- Drop-leaf table mounted on mast compression post; built-in stainless steel grab rails
- Teak companionway ladder mounts on molded fiberglass engine box. Box removes for access to engine; sound insulation in box.
- Headroom is 6’1"
- Stainless Steel sink with hot and cold pressure water.
- Cabinet under counter.
- Under counter drawers
- Food, utensil and dish storage above counter.
- Two-burner propane stove
- Microwave oven.
- Stainless Steel clutch post from counter to overhead.
- Marine toilet connected to holding tank
- Vanity with stainless steel sink; pressure hot and cold water.
- Drawers and locker under vanity.
- Storage locker outboard.
- Wet shower.
- Overhead ventilation hatch.
- Headroom 6’1"
- Quarter berth is 7’x4’6"
- Storage shelf outboard on hull.
- Privacy Curtain
- Westerbeke 13hp fresh-water cooled diesel engine.
- 40 gals fresh-water capacity.
- Overhead lighting at the Galley, Nav. Station, Ship’s head and Aft Qtr. Berth.
- Hot water heater operates off engine heat exchanger and 110V AC.
- Master AC and DC electrical panel with battery selector switch, panel light, battery voltage gauge, AC power-on and polarity indicator lights and branch lines circuit breaker.
- House and Engine battery Banks
- Battery Charger
- 30 amp shore power cord.
- 110V AC outlets in head, galley, forward cabin, and chart table.
- Electric and manual bilge pumps
- Stern mounted BBQ
- VHF Radio
- Raymaine ST4000 auto pilot
- Raymarine Wind Direction and Speed
- Raymarine Knot Meter
- Raymarine E-80 in NavPod Mounting case
- Raymarine Autopilot Control w/remote control
- Raymarine Radar on Scanstrut Pole.
- Raymarine Depth Finder.
- Aluminum Mast converted to tabernacle
- Profurl roller furling
- Teak Companionway hatch boards
- Traveler with multi-part controls mounted on cabin top.
- Two Barient #21 STW tow-spd. Primary winches
- Main and jib halyards led aft on cabin top through rope clutches
- Barient #17 STW mounted on cabin top
- Barient #17 Cabin top winch
- Edson pedestal steering with engine controls, pedestal guard, wheel brake and 36" wheel.
- Two molded Dorade box vents
- Three axle custom trailer
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Owner’s personal items excluded. Exclusions include, however are not limited to, Seller’s personal possessions, loose items, binoculars, handheld radio(s), charts, tools, fishing equipment, spare parts, clothing and foul weather gear, galley equipment, linens/bedding and any items not specifically listed on equipment list specifications sheet.
Please contact listing agent Mark Davenport at (310)804-7535 or email Mark@seacoastyachts.com