Kathryn B is laid out with two separate houses, One as a pilot house and one as a sleeping cabin. There are walk-able decks around the entire boat and between the cabins. The foredeck contains a bollard and anchoring gear, including a manual windlass. The Cockpit has bench seating with storage below and is adequate for fishing. The Pilot House is all business, with engine controls and electrical panel, as well as as well a fish-finder and portable GPS reachable from the standing helm position. A sink with hand-pump is on the aft bulkhead. There are opening windows in the front of the pilot house and a sliding door at the rear for good ventilation while underway..
The Forward Cabin houses a V-Berth and Marine Toilet toilet.
The hull is constructed from a wood-fiberglass composite. The core of the hull is 5/8" thick Port Orford cedar wood. The outside laminate is 1/4" thick and made from multiple layers of fiberglass cloth set in Systems Three epoxy resin. The inside laminate is 1/8" thick and is made the same way.
- 3 Cyl Volvo Diesel
- *Revision FWC W/ Heat Exchanger
- 79 Hrs
- Straight Shaft
Electronics and Navigation Gear
- West Marine VHF Radio
- Apelco Fishfinder 460 Fishfinder
- Garmin Portable GPS Mounts at Helm in Bracket
- Ritchie Compass
- 22# Lewmar Anchor W/60′ Chain and 250′ Rode
- Manual Windlass
- Mast Holds a Steadying Mainsail for Motor Sailing and a Detachable High-cut Jib
- Hand Holds on Cabin Top
- Plastic Coated Stainless Steel Lifelines
- 25# Aft Anchor W/60′ Chain and 200′ Rode
- Aft Anchor Roller
- A portable solar panel is mounted to the pilot house cabin top to keep the starting battery and house battery charged.