The Hans Christian 34 is a traditional heavy displacement, full keel, double-ended, world class cruiser, meant to handle heavy seas with relative comfort and ease. With her large bowsprit and cutter rigging, she is a favorite among blue water aficionados. Everywhere you turn, you see thoughtful, overbuilt details, with every teak nook & cranny being used for storage. Her interior is finished throughout with gorgeous teak woodwork that was exquisitely done.
The interior is hand-fitted teak with a great deal of beautiful cabinetry and joiner work. Drawers are dovetailed and the cabin sole is teak and holly. The teak is set off with a white overhead and cabin side accents, bronze port lights and tasteful dark blue upholstery. She has an enormous amount of storage with hanging lockers, wet locker, and sliding door lockers with lots of additional under-seat storage as well. There is a comfortable V-berth forward followed by the head and shower combination to port. As you enter the main salon a settee is to starboard and a U shaped dinette opposite which also converts to a double berth. There is a beautiful butterfly skylight directly overhead providing an abundance of natural light and ventilation. The L shaped galley is located to port directly behind the dinette. And finally across to starboard is the generous navigation center and large quarter berth.
Galley and Plumbing
The L shaped galley is aft of the dinette and has a deep double stainless steel sink with pressure water, sea water pump faucets and storage below. The galley is equipped with a stainless steel, gimbaled, propane stove w/oven. Just aft of the galley is the large icebox witch also adds additional counter space.
- NEW 2019 – plumbing
- NEW 2019 -galley faucet
- NEW 2019 – Jabsco toilet and NEW holding tank with macerator and tank level indicator
- Propane stove with oven
- 2019- Galley and head hand pumps rebuilt
Mast Sails and Rigging
The mast is stepped on deck, and you have S/S pulpits both aft and forward, and S/S stanchions with lifelines running the full length of the boat.
- Aluminum mast
- NEW 2019- running rigging and blocks (Garhauer)
- NEW 2019- mainsail with 2 full / 2 partial battens and offshore reinforcements
- NEW 2019- staysail
- NEW- 2019 dyneema lifelines
- 110% Genoa
- Storm Sail
- tri-sail track on mast
- whisker pole track, with the pole
- set-up for slab reefing, including blocks, lines, etc.
- Tri-color light masthead light, with strobe
- LED New 2019 Running lights at deck level.
- All standing rigging has been replaced by a previous owner with Sta-lock turnbuckles and new wire approx. 10 years ago.
Electrical and Electronics
- NEW 2019 Raymarine Tri-data with new thru hull transducer
- NEW 2019 B&G radio with AIS
- NEW 2019- Paneltronics circuit breaker panel
- NEW 2019- battery charger
- NEW 2019 LED cabin lights
- AGM west marine batteries
- (2) New 2017 6 Volt House Batteries
- (1) New 2017 12 Volt Engine Starting Battery
Deck & Hull
The Teak deck appears to be in very good cosmetic condition for a boat of this age. upon walking, the deck seems to be tight, very thick with minimal bungs and some caulking that needs replacing. Cabin and deck areas have recently been LP painted and look very good. Hull/Topsides are in fair condition.
Work done 02/09/2017 by Cabrillo Boat Yard: new bob stay, new bottom paint, new shaft bearing, grind and fill blisters, New LP paint on deck, Cabin top and non-skid.
- 35 pound CQR plow anchor
- 300 feet 5/16 hi-test chain
- 65 pound fisherman type, stored below in two pieces
- Large Danforth
- Has the optional push-pit and railing
- Scanmar Auto-helm windvane
- SL555 windlass (needs servicing)
Isuzu Pisces 40hp Diesel engine
Work done in 05/2019 by RS Marine: new hoses, belts, oil and fuel filter replacement, coolant flush, fuel tank emptied and cleaned with new fuel. Transmission oil serviced.
Work done 01/12/2017 by Dennis Marine: heat exchanger clean and pressure test, new transmission hoses, new alternator, new exhaust hose and muffler, new exhaust mixer.
- New Oil Cooler
- New Racor Fuel Filter & Hoses
- New Engine Water Pump
- New Impeller
- New Alternator
- Belts & Hoses
- New Exhaust Mixer
Misc equipment and Upgrades
- NEW 2019- stern berth and V-Berth upholstery
- NEW 2019-seals for ports
- Newport Vessels Electric Outboard with battery
- West Marine dinghy
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Owner’s personal items excluded. Exclusions include, however are not limited to, Seller’s personal possessions, loose items, binoculars, handheld radio(s), charts, tools, fishing equipment, spare parts, clothing and foul weather gear, galley equipment, linens/bedding and any items not specifically listed on equipment list specifications sheet.
Please contact listing agent Mark Davenport at (310)804-7535 or email Mark@seacoastyachts.com