The Nautor Swan “ANOTHER FINE MESS” IS A 39’s with timeless charm and appeal has turned heads all over the world since 1978. Designed by the great Ron Holland, who ruled the IOR, the boat represents the epitome of the racer/cruiser: built for speed, pretty to the eye, and comfortable below. “ANOTHER FINE MESS” has undergone some notable upgrades over the years, including new rod rigging in 2011 and the Perkins 4108 with a major overhall in 2015. Her sails are a main with 3 jeffy reefed points, a Genoa 155%, a Storm jib and a spinnaker 2.2%. These owner have keeped this yacht in outstanding conditions and just had the teak desks cleaned and bleached.
|Engine power||37 HP|
|Boat Name||Another Fine Mess|
|No of Berths||5|
|No of Single||3|
|No of Double Berths||3|
|No of Cabin||3|
|Keel Type||Fin Keel|
|Flag of Registry||US|
|Water Tank||50 Gallons|
|No of Water Tank||2|
|Water Tank Material||Stainless Steel|
|Fuel Tank||31.7 Gallons|
|No of Fuel Tank||1|
|Fuel Tank Material||Stainless Steel|
|Holding Tank||25 Gallons|
|No of Holding Tank||1|
|Holding Tank Material||GRP|
You enter the main salon from builtin steps as part of the engine cabinet and walk into a very large salon. This yacht can sleeps 7 very comfortable with 2 in forward cabin, 2 on salon settees, 1 salon pilot berth , 2 quarter berths aft 1 port and 1 starboard. The galley is to starboard with the SS sink in the engine cabinet and the Nav station is to port. The yacht has a mate finish varnish teak interior with gloss varnish trim. Teak and holly cabin sole. Leather upholstery on settee. The Forward Cabin is a V berth with access to storage under as well as access to chain locker forward. The head is located on the port side aft of forward cabin. WC type toilet, hand held shower from sink, molded top vanity and sink with locker under and two outboard lockers. Two large lockers opposite head on starboard side.
The main salon is located aft of head. 2 settees 1 port and 1 starboard with storage behind. 1 pilot berth starboard, shelves and two cabinets located above the settee on port side, dining table with fold out leaf and 5 drawers located between settees.
The galley is located on the starboard side with a large top loading refrigerator/freezer and forward is the propane SS oven and three burner cook top. The SS sink is located centerline in the top of the engine box.
The Navigation station is located port opposite the galley. Forward facing. AC and DC panels are outboard. Chart storage under lifting desktop. 4 storage drawers below. Wet locker aft.
The aft cabin has 2 quarter berths 1 to port and 1 to starboard. 2 x opening ports to cockpit as well as lots of storage in the starboard berth.
PLUMBING AND VENTILATION
- The plumbing and ventilation systems is as follows:
- 1 electric bilge pump, Jabasco model 34500 with automatic and manual functions replaced (2010)
- 2 x manual bilge pump, 1 at chart table and 1 cockpit.
- whale gusher 10 mk3 replaced (2010).
- 1 electric sump pump for head shower.
- High water bilge alarm new (2014).
- 2 x dorade vents, port and starboard.
- seacocks replaced (2010).
- Fresh water pump replaced (2010).
- Bilge hoses replaced (2010)
- Head hoses replaced (2014)
- 12 volt DC 120 volt AC shore power.
- 12 V and 120 V outlets throughout the interior.
- 4 AG17 house batteries, 2 under companionway and 2 below port quarter berth.
- (2019) 1 isolated start battery below starboard quarter berth.
- (2019) Balmar max charger mc-614 multi-stage voltage regulator (2012) Newmar pt-40 3 stage battery charger
- (2011) Magnum 2000 watt modified sine wave inverter/charger and magnum remote control panel
- (2011) Imtra LED lights at galley, chart table, main salon, mast head and steaming
- (2012) Galvonic isolator and bonding system (2019)
- Chart table: Icom VHF IC-M504 replaced (2012)
- Helm: Nav-pod with Ray Marine ST60 depth, speed, wind (2010)
- Keel step aluminum mast, aluminium boom reaching strut
- Stainless Steel rod rigging 1 x 19 replaced (2011)
- Roller furler
- rotary mechanical boom vang
- hydrolic backstay adjuster
- running backstay replaced (2011)
- headstay/backstay replaced (2010)
- Harkin mainsheet traveler
- Main with 3 jiffy reefed points
- Genoa 155% with roller furling
- Storm Jib
- Spinnaker 2.2%
- Solid fiberglass 5 m.m. thick Frames: longitudinal & bulkheads FG bonded
- Dark Blue Awlgrip hull with red and white stripe. Spade rudder.
- Bilges stripped and gelcoated (2011)
- Bottom painted 2019
- 1/2″ thick teak. Caulked/repaired (2010) refinished (2020)
- Mid hatch and forward hatch Deckocean #50 replaced (2014)
- Aluminum anodized toe rail
- Stainless Steel bow and stern rails
- Double lifelines replaced (2010)
- 2 x pair mooring cleats forward and aft
- Head sail tracks with genoa cars
- Harkin mainsheet traveler
- 2 x deck light prism
- 2 x deck lights
- 4 fixed ports
- Pedestal wheel steering with leather cover
- Nav-pod Ray Marine ST60 with depth, speed, wind new (2010)
- Winches: Lewmar self tailing; 2 x #55 2sp, 2 x #48 3sp, 2 x #44 2sp, 2 x #40
- Nova Lift Outboard SS Davit