The design brief for the Oyster 53 was to create a yacht with a center cockpit Deck Saloon configuration that offered many of the features of the larger Oyster 56, but still maintained a stylish, well-proportioned outboard profile. Rob Humphreys designed the hull, deck and rig, while Holman & Pye designed the interior layout and provided the technical and structural specification. The Oyster in-house team has coordinated the styling and overall details of the yacht, and as with the Oyster 36, they also integrated the ergonomically designed cockpit whose technical specification originated from the Department of Ergonomics at Loughborough University. This design team approach, linked with the use of powerful integrated CAD design computers, has created a yacht that will set standards in design excellence for a yacht of this size.
Orinoco currently is in a beautiful and very affordable fresh-water marina near Venice, Italy. She is close to the best cruising grounds in the world with the clear, warm waters of Croatia with 1200+ islands about 150 miles away and then the Greek isles and cruising grounds of the Mediterranean further south.
Orinoco has been gently cruised throughout the Mediterranean by her American owners during the summers and stored in the freshwater marina during the winters. The teak decks have been refurbished, the Dolphin DYS Dynema tri-radial sails are new-near, the Oyster construction and design is world-class. Sound interesting? Orinoco is ready and in turnkey condition for her next adventure!
New Equipment added May 2019
- Mastervolt 75/24 charger in addition to the Master 50/24
- Mastervolt EasyView 5 & MasterVolt Master Shunt 500 with MasterBus
- Bamar Top down Spinnaker furling system
- Reverso fuel polishing system with Separ filter and Racor double filter system with changeover switch.
- Highfield CL360 dinghy with steering console and 15hp Mercury 2 stroke outboard.
- Two Spectra 380c watermakers providing 17 gph each
- New Raymarine electronics including: -Two Raymarine e127 hybrid touch 12 inch chartplotters – Raymarine i50,i60 and i70 digital instruments – Raymarine 24 inch digital radar
- -Vesper Watchmate AIS transponder
- -Icom SSB radio.
- KVH satellite internet V3-IP